Tom Plagge on 15 Aug 2003 07:36:04 -0000

Re: [hosers-talk] A nifty trick for vi and mh

> I don't get it (because I have not actually like looked at the script) -
> why did you have to exit vi to run the script? You seem to be running it
> from inside vi using what I would expect (a !) in your mapping anyway.

Yeah, you're right, I could just use ! every time, but then I have to have
the name I'm looking up alone on a line, and the response will nuke whatever
else was on that line.  So instead of doing that, I used to just CTRL-Z vi
and run the script on the command line.  Which is dumb.
-t