Jeff Schroeder on 25 Mar 2002 01:00:01 -0000

Re: hosers-talk: SuXE

At 06:01 PM 3/24/2002, you wrote:
> >/lib/modules/2.4.2 -> /lib/modules/2.2.18
>
> This will work, but may give a bunch of version problems.  It shouldn't
> break anything.  I'd start by finding out whether this is actually a
> modules problem or a driver problem.

How do I tell if my kernel (which I guess is 2.4.2...) has the right
drivers built in?

I'm going to see if I can't pull the 2.2.18 sources off the SuSE CDs and
do it myself.

Good luck. It sounds to me like you can't build your own kernel... not without some difficulty, at least. and you are using the MaxOS drivers instead of the linux ones? I have no idea how one does that.

Check your boot log, under redhat it is 'dmesg' and see what it finds for you ethernet card. It should tell you which driver and settings it is using.

jeff