Jon Stewart on 1 Mar 2002 19:42:46 -0000

hosers-talk: what the fucking fuck

is wrong with goddamn fucking unix programmers?

I just want a fucking .zip archive of a fucking directory. Is that so
fucking tough to do? Can't I just say "gzip directory"? Fucking no,
fucking gzip only fucking works on fucking _files_. Well, fine, you
fucking orthogonal programming fucking bastards, I'll fucking tar up the
directory and then gzip that. Fine, I'll fucking play your little elitist
game of fuck the user over when he fucking wants to do something trivially
easy. So, fuck, tar -c directory, like it fucking says in the fucking
ancient man page for the most obsolete of fucking unix programs. And what
fucking happens? Fucking screen gets full up with shit and unprintables
and fucking bell characters so my little fucking ssh client starts fucking
beeping at me because I obviously am unworthy of using fucking tar --
fucking tar! -- correctly and therefore fucking deserve shit on my screen
and fucking bell characters in my fucking speakers. I bet even fucking
OpenVMS could fucking archive a directory fucking easily; and, oh wait,
maybe that's why people fucking switch over to fucking Windows NT because
fucking VMS was always fucking better at getting shit done. Fucking fuck
fuck.

Jon
--
Jon Stewart
stew1@xxxxxxxxxxx

"and dropping a barbell, he points to the sky, saying 'the sun's not
yellow, it's chicken.'"

			-- Bob Dylan