Jon Stewart on 28 Aug 2001 05:44:02 -0000

Re: hosers-talk: Duh.

> If you're using Gtk (which I am) I've heard Glade is a neat GUI builder.
> You put some stuff together and it churns out some passable C for you. Of
> course, real men build code their GUIs by hand. Unless, of course, your
> employer is preventing you from being a real man. :)

Bah. Immature l@m3rz think they're real men when they hand code their
GUIs. A Real Man invents XML gui-description tags and a parser which
generates View subclasses from such resource files and tells his lackey to
fuck with the layout; then the Real Man takes a nap.

What are you using Gtk for? As in, what's the nature of your project? Do
tell, Joel.

Jon
regrettably, not yet a Real Man
heavily recommends leaving as little of a GUI handcoded as possible
--
Jon Stewart
stew1@xxxxxxxxxxx

"Survey says: it was a bad idea in the first place."

	-- The Dismemberment Plan