Joel Uckelman on 21 Aug 2001 06:17:10 -0000

Re: hosers-talk: Majordomo --> Mailman?

Quoth Jeff Schroeder:
> As to Mailman... :)
>
> I'd say you can do this out of curiosity if you want to have a web
> interface to your majordomo lists.  I am still oldskool and like command
> line interfaces instead of GUI's, but I can see the advantage (I like to
> play with new things).

One of the neat things about Mailman is that it implements the whole
Majordomo command set--you still can subscribe to/unsubscribe
from/configure lists that way.

That, and people seem to be actively developing Mailman, while I get the
impression that Majordomo may never make it to version 2.

> I've been toying with the idea of creating a web
> interface for my e-mail so I can check it anywhere.

You should check the qmail page--I seem to remember there being a link to
one of those from there.
--
J.