Jon Stewart on 20 Aug 2001 21:20:56 -0000

Re: hosers-talk: Majordomo --> Mailman?

> Mm, no opinion yet.  Any good suggestions on a starting Philosophy
> book?  I've read some of the 'greats' with some difficulty, but no real
> relevations.

Check out _Sophie's World_ (by Jostein Gardner) from the library. Skim the
story, read the parts about philosophy, and then go from there. It won't
take but a little time. Joel and Josh may snicker, but it serves as a
decent overview of occidental philosophy.

Jon
notes kids books are some of the best study guides for quizbowl
--
Jon Stewart
stew1@xxxxxxxxxxx

"Survey says: it was a bad idea in the first place."

	-- The Dismemberment Plan