Joel Uckelman on 22 Jul 2001 17:03:56 -0000

Re: hosers-talk: MySQL vs PostgreSQL vs Oracle 8i

Quoth Jeff Schroeder:
> Which is better?  Opinions?  Most interested in high performance speed,
> reliability and portability.
>
> jeff

MySQL is easy to get running, and fairly portable. I've heard some people
complain about its reliability, but I've never experienced any problems
with it myself. OTOH, I've never put it under much of a load, either. I
know nothing about PostgreSQL, save that code your write to use it will
require almost no changes to work with MySQL. Oracle 8i costs money, right?

--
J.