Joel Uckelman on Tue, 9 Dec 2008 05:22:11 -0700 (MST)

[hosers-announce] moving from www to public_html

Some time ago, the standard location for web space changed from ~/www to
~/public_html. This is where the web server expects our web content to
live, so I'm migrating everyone to have it there.

What this means for you is that what was your ~/www directory is now a
link to ~/public_html. If you have only static web content, then this
change shouldn't affect anything you're putting on the web. If you have
dynamic content (scripts and such) and it contains hard-coded paths to
to ~/www, then you should consider updating those paths.

--
J.