Joel Uckelman on Tue, 25 Jul 2006 05:57:09 -0500 (CDT)

[hosers-announce] clearing old mail from the spool

1. Anyone who was using mail forwarding now has a new .procmailrc. It should
prevent incoming mail from being sent to the spool where you won't see it,
and in the event that the mail can't be forwarded, it files the mail in
your Maildir and sends me the headers so I can see what's wrong. This should
ensure that in the event of a problem, it can be corrected in a timely
manner.

2. I'm going to flush the spool for anyone using mail forwarding, which
is why you might now see a few extremely old messages showing up.

3. For those of you who have mail on the spool but normally use a Maildir
and read your mail locally, I'm still uncertain why you have mail on the
spool and will continue looking into that.

4. For those of you who are still using the spool and reading mail locally,
I'd like to move you to Maildirs. I'll contact you about that if you're
such a user.

--
J.