Joel Uckelman on Tue, 4 Jan 2005 23:35:39 -0600 (CST)

[hosers-announce] Maildirs, SPF

1. I'd like to finish moving users on charybdis from using /var/spool/mail
as their maildrop to using a Maildir in their home directory. If you're
using /var/spool/mail right now *and* forsee a problem with switching to a
Maildir, or just don't know what I'm talking about, please contact me this
week.

2. I'd like to set up SPF records for charybdis. The primary benefit of
this is that it will permit any mail servers using SPF to refuse mail
(read: spam) claiming to be from ellipsis.cx or nomic.net but really isn't.
I need to gather a bit of information from people before I implement this.
What I need to know is whether anyone sends mail using an ellipsis.cx or
nomic.net address from a machine which is not charybdis.

--
J.