Debbie Strauser on Mon, 21 Mar 2005 23:06:18 -0600 (CST)

Re: [HS] Lesson 4: Unique English armory examples, #1

Greetings all,

Here is what I found.  According to "The Arms in order
of their blazon, and with references to the Rolls in
which they appear." The following have been registered
with "a fess between two chevron(elles)".  I found
them with chevrons but not chevronelles.

2596 Argent a fess between two chevrons azure John de
Molington GA 76

1664 Argent a fess between two chevrons gules Hamo
Pecche E 608

268 Argent a fess between two chevrons gules Gilbert
Pecche H 82 B 60 D 156 HE 150 A 208 Q 55

4606 Argent a fess between two chevrons gules a label
azure Hugh Pecche Q 220

1641 Argent a fess between two chevrons sable William
Pecche E 585 F 276

4553 Or a fess between two chevrons sable Warin de
Lisle Q 85

1101 Or a fess between two chevrons sable Robert de
Lisle D 112 E 54 HE 184 A 151

4737 Argent on a fess between two chevrons gules three
fleurs de lis or Gilbert Pecche Q 415

4714 Gules a fess between two chevrons or Robert
FitzWalter Q 385

282 Or on a fess between two chevrons gules three
mullets of the field Walter de Teye H 96

1390 Per pale gules and azure a fess between two
chevrons argent Robert le Breton E 301 F 200

I have a question on this.  I cut and past the
enteries as they were listed.  What do the numbers
mean, both the ones in front and the ones in back?

I looked on the other sites and did not find any more.
 Did I miss them?

Katrein