Bill Jaffe on Sun, 1 Jul 2007 11:49:28 -0700 (MST)

Re: [eia] Rules question... regarding Illyria...

Read 11.2.4 - it says that you can cede KoI's territories, with minors or
province specifically identified (clearly Illyria), so it supersedes that
rule about not ceding the home un-ceded provinces.

The latter part is "implied" by the "secret writing down" process for ceding
provinces in the ceding step, just wondering if we had a house rule.

Bill Jaffe
Wargaming since Tactics (1958), and playing 18xx since 1829
billj@xxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mel
Chin
Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2007 2:25 PM
To: public list for an Empires in Arms game
Subject: Re: [eia] Rules question... regarding Illyria...

>From reading the rules, per [11.2.1] Illyria is considred part of the KoI
although not actually ceded (hence still an unceded hone nation province).
Rule [8.8.1] states that unceded hone nation provinces cannot be ceded
except as part of a formal (conditional/unconditional surrender) peace
settlement.

Therefore, the only way for Austria to lose Illyria (remove it from the KoI)
would be to lose it to conquest or peace condition.

Either way, I don't think you can cede a province that you didn't start the
Ceding Step with, therefore can't cede a province you just received in the
current ceding step.

Mel