Bill Jaffe on Mon, 14 May 2007 11:39:18 -0700 (MST)

Re: [eia] Second witdrawal check at Bordeaux

You're right, that is an anomaly.
I would not allow a second withdrawal roll, I think we should house rule
that if we can't figure out how the rule works otherwise.

One chance that that's it...

Bill Jaffe
Wargaming since Tactics (1958), and playing 18xx since 1829
billj@xxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
MICHAEL P GORMAN
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 1:45 PM
To: eia@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [eia] Second witdrawal check at Bordeaux

Assuming that the Bordeaux garrison is in fact one factor, we bounce out of
field combat and over to overwhelming odds rules so the defender being the
outnumbered force is given the option to withdraw before battle.  So I guess
Britain gets to make a second check to withdraw.

As there is no possible way to get to the overwhelming odds rules without
passing through chit choice and withdrawal resolution, there seems to be no
way that the withdrawal option in the overwhelming odds rules cannot be an
additional opportunity to withdraw after forces are revealed.  Otherwise,
there's no way to activate that clause in the rule.