J.J. Young on Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:26:54 -0700 (MST)

Re: [eia] Round 3, Mantua retreat question...

I don't think there's anything in the rules to imply that all of the
attacker's forces in the area of a siege don't have to participate in the
siege, even if some of the attackers got there because of a retreat.  And my
opinion is that if all of the attacking forces present have to participate,
then if any have modified their forage with unused movement, then none
should be able to besiege.

As I opined earlier, this loophole kinda blows, but the alternative would be
having situations where we have to keep track of which attacking forces are
besieging and which aren't in the same area.  I think this would be worse
than the loophole.

-JJY

-JJY