Joel Uckelman on Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:07:58 -0700 (MST)

Re: [eia] someone's been eating my poridge and moving my corps!

Thus spake "Bill Jaffe":
> I thought we had previously discussed all this, which is why I went ahead
> and moved the common forces.

When I saw the orders, that's what I figured. In contract law, you have
to have what they call a "meeting of the minds" in order to have a contract.
In this case, our minds didn't quite meet.

I ran the numbers just now like I would normally have before a battle, and
determined that I wouldn't have force-marched to Mantua---the additional
factors would have been short of wiping out Massena's army on a bad
combination with average rolls. Since the moves that Bill made are the
ones that I would have made myself, there's nothing else to resolve here,
other than that we should be careful about this in the future.

--
J.