Bill Jaffe on Sun, 6 Aug 2006 10:52:47 -0700 (MST)

Re: [eia] Austrian move, whole move, per Michael's response...

Faint heart never 'et a raw onion.

Depot creation: Trieste, Olmutz, $2

Depot removal: Zara

Mack and 3Inf corps, 1 Cav move to Venice, 6+2 unused, -2 excess corps, f/a

Cav corps from Venice picks up 4 inf from Vienna, leaving 1 behind, moves to
square with Napoleon, $1 depot from Freiburg

John & Bavarians drop 1Inf garrison on depot in Ulm, move to Napoleon square
as well, $1 depot supply from Freiburg (Bav 8i, 2c). John gets to be the
pinning sacrifice, assuming Napoleon's 2 corps aren't big enough to force a
trivial combat against 16 factors...

Kushanz Ali and 2 Turkish Cav join Mack, paid by Trieste depot, $2

Charles and 5I, 1C detach 1 factor for Freiburg, then move to Strasbourg,
the Cav corps f/a

2 corps are paid for by depot in Freiburg, $2 depot supply, 3 pay at range 2
(Ulm), $6

Prague Inf corps to NW of Vienna, 4 area, +2 unused, +1 home country, f/a

Krakow Inf corps to Brunn, 4 area, +1 unused, +1 home country, f/a

Total cost $14

I'll be paying something for the Russians as well.

And I think $2 for the Turks.

Now Massena gets to decide whether to withdraw into the city and burn the
depot behind him.

Davout gets to decide that as well, but I'm assuming Davout won't fit into
Strasbourg, so it's moot. :-)

In the political step, we conquer Baden.

Bill Jaffe

Wargaming since Tactics (1958), and playing 18xx since 1829

billj@xxxxxxxxxxx