Michael Gorman on Sun, 6 Aug 2006 10:15:54 -0700 (MST)

Re: [eia] Austrian move, part I, need a decision from France re: retiring into the city?

At 12:08 PM 8/6/2006, you wrote:
>Depot creation: Trieste, Olmutz
>
>Depot removal: Zara
>

>Mack and 1Inf corps move to Venice, does Massena and his 2 corps retire into
>the city?
>
>All corps are in a 6 area, plus 2 unused movements, -2 for excess corps, f/a
>

>The rest of my movement will come after we learn what Massena is doing.

You don't get the choice for a corps.  You must stop movement when you
enter a space with an enemy corps.  In the land combat phase Massena
decides if he will retire or fight.  It's the difference between a corps
and a garrison