Bill Jaffe on Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:51:44 -0700 (MST)

Re: [eia] French land phase

I'm assuming your comment about Freiburg retiring into the city is for some
other place (Freiburg being the Charles Army...).
Venice does accept a siege...

Bill Jaffe
Wargaming since Tactics (1958), and playing 18xx since 1829
billj@xxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Michael Gorman
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 11:10 AM
To: eia@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [eia] French land phase

I can't imagine any way that the Turkish naval moves will materially impact
my land orders for this month so I'll get the land phase started.

Depot Removal: S. of Konigsberg, W. of Danzig
Depot Creation: Brussels ($1)

1I at Stuttgart detaches a 1I garrison, moves to Cologne and absorbs the 1I
garrison there. (f/a)
Davout detaches 8I at Amsterdam, bringing the total garrison to 9I French
and 1I Dutch, and then moves with two corps to Antwerp ($2)
Holland corps moves to Lubeck ($1)
Soult and 1I move to Kustrin, pick up garrison, move to Stettin, pick up
garrison, move to Lubeck ($1)
Napoleon and 2I corps move to Wittenburg ($1)
Murat and 1I corps move to Berlin ($1)

The last two moves should complete the previous access agreement between
France and Prussia and bring the new agreement fully into place.

Naples corps moves from Ancona to Bologna (f/a)
Other Naples corps moves 2 spaces SE along the coast from Naples (f/a)
Massena and 2I lay siege to Venice ($1)
Ney detaches 4 additional infantry to the St. Malo garrison (Now 5I), moves
to Cherbourg and absorbs a garrison and then proceeds to Paris and absorbs
the garrison (f/a)

Total Cost: $7

Forage rolls will be sent for Ulm and Freiburg
The forces at Lubeck and Freiburg have to decide if they will fight in the
field or withdraw into the city.
The Venice garrison doesn't have a choice so it has to accept a siege.