Kyle H on Wed, 26 Jul 2006 00:25:31 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] [escrow] July 1806 Political Orders

> Perhaps "stupid" or "ridiculous" or "unrelated to historical reality"
> would
> have been a better choice of words.  Anyway, I don't find it at all
> unlikely
> that France might wish to march back north and attack Russia again after
> whatever happens in Austria.

    If France were to pursue the course of action you describe, and if
Prussia didn't like it, then Prussia always has the option of declaring war
on France to help them find the door.
    Personally, I'm having trouble seeing the problem here.  Prussia invited
France in to help it wage war on its enemies.  Then, once France has taken
the bait, Prussia decides to stab France in the back, and we're supposed to
be lamenting the unfortunate consequences that befall the country that
pulled the rug out from under its ally?  Sorry, but I'm having trouble
shedding any tears over this one.
    It's all academic since Mike said he wouldn't use the rules this way
anyway.  Still, I have no problem with the rules as written whatsoever.  If
you don't want people abusing your territory after you revoke their access,
then don't invite them in the first place.  Or be prepared to declare war on
them.  Those are your choices.

kdh