Kyle H on Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:45:48 -0500 (CDT)

[eia] Voluntary Access is a bitch.

    Some of us learned this lesson in previous games, but let's all learn it again together.  Voluntary Access can be a bitch to revoke.  So don't grant it without careful thought.  Also, people should be aware that they can place conditions on voluntary access.  If we were playing this game correctly, we would be creating "forms" for most of the events in the game.  The Voluntary Access form lists the following types of conditions that may apply: Route Limits, City Garrison Limits, Force Size Limits, Depot Location Limits, and Other Conditions.  And there is an example form filled out on page 38 of the rules.  Here is what it has filled in for those conditions.

1. Route Limits: Enter only E. Prussia, Posen, Silesia.
2. City Garrison Limits: No city garrisons allowed.
3. Force Size Limits: 8 corps & depots and depot garrisons.
4. Depot Location Limits: Anywhere in specified provinces.
5. Other conditions: Russia pays Prussia $10 for access.

I think the sample response in #3 is a little vague, but anyway, this gives you an idea of how the designers of the game thought Voluntary Access should be handled.

kdh