J.J. Young on Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:05:10 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] updated map

OK, since the area N of Warsaw was not available to the cossack I had held
there this turn, that cossack will instead move to Kustrin and destroy the
depot there.

As to the other question, as far as I know a depot can be eaten or converted
even if it's not presently part of a supply chain.  Although to be
converted, it must then be part of a valid supply chain for the converting
power.  Here's the rule I'm referencing:

7.3.6.1 UNGARRISONED DEPOT AREA: If during movement a corps, cossack,
freikorps or guerilla moves into an area containing an ungarrisoned enemy
depot, it may elect to destroy the depot. If it does destroy the depot and
ends its movement in that area, then having destroyed the depot counts as
having successfully foraged for supply (with no loss) for that one corps
counter. An alternative to destroying a depot is to convert (remove the
enemy depot and replace it with one of the entering power's depots-there is
no money cost for this conversion) it to a friendly depot if that would make
it a supply source or an extension of a friendly valid supply chain (see
7.2.3).

-JJY