Michael Gorman on Sat, 27 May 2006 12:16:39 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] French Land Phase

At 08:49 AM 5/27/2006, you wrote:
>Hmm.  I had thought that the cossack at Lubeck blocked the tracing of supply
>unless there was a corps or depot garrison (something in the field), but I
>guess a city garrison works as well.  Seems a little silly to me, but oh,
>well.
>
>-JJY

The garrison is unbesieged, therefore it's factors are able to guard the
supply lines.  Cossacks simply lack the numbers to force the garrison to
hunker down in the city.  They're irregulars fighting a small force of
regulars.  So the garrison continues to escort supplies across the province
and the cossacks ambush convoys when they can.  But just as they omit all
the frigate scale naval combat that raged throughout the Napoleonic wars,
they also omit skirmish level combat and say that overall, supplies will
continue to flow as long as they have an escort.

I think the problem is you are trying to mentally subdivide the city and
the area into two different areas and they simply aren't.