James Helle on Sun, 21 May 2006 10:37:38 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] everybody weigh in

While I think my interpretation is literally correct I agree with Kyle that,
logically, it doesn't make sense to surrender if there is a better
alternative.  Therefore I am changing my vote to Joel, JJ and Bill's
position, creating a four player majority.

The French corps are retreated to Portsmouth and the British land orders
stand as issued.  I will send out my escrow replies promptly.

-----Original Message-----
From: eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Kyle H
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 7:00 AM
To: public list for an Empires in Arms game
Subject: Re: [eia] everybody weigh in

    I think that the most straightforward reading of the rules is the
interpretation that Mike and Jim are supporting.  However, I think that the
position that JJ and Joel are supporting make a reasonable house rule.  (Why
would a force surrender if they have a clear, adjacent land space that they
could move to?)
    Still, it is clear from Jim's orders that he was relying upon the
wording of the rules as written, and it would be unfair to adopt a new house
rule now, after the fact.  So my vote is for Mike and Jim's interpretation.

kdh