Joel Uckelman on Tue, 2 May 2006 03:34:04 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] French Land Phase

Thus spake Michael Gorman:
> At 06:38 PM 5/1/2006, you wrote:
>
> > > 1I at Strasbourg moves to Soissons (f/a)
> > > 1I at Soissons detaches 1I and moves to Wesel (f/a)   Soult remains at
> >Soissons
> >
> >Unless I'm mistaken, leaders must remain with a corps they started the land
> >phase with.
> >
> >-JJY
>
> Leader may only move with corps they spend the entire land phase with.  I
> haven't found any mention of it saying they have to remain with the same
> corps if they stay still so long as they are never without a corps

I had to read this three times before I got what you were saying.

10.6.2: Leaders may move by spending their entire movement with a corps
(fleet for NELSON) with which they began the Land or Naval Movement Step.

What you're claiming is that 10.6.2 does not apply because Soult has not
himself moved. Hmm. That had not occured to me before. The last week
has been full of rules surprises for me.

--
J.