Joel Uckelman on Mon, 1 May 2006 09:02:25 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] Russian III fleet interception attempt

Thus spake jjy@xxxxxxxxxxx:
> The interception succeeds.  If I understand correctly, all of the combined
> fleets in the area take part in the battle ?  The Russian III fleet consists
> of 27 ships, the Russian I and II fleets are 1 ship each.  If I'm right that
> the British IV is involved as well, then Jim should report its strength and
> Britain also gains a political point.

If fleets other than the interceptor and the intercepted can participate,
then that grates against my sense of what's being modeled. Sea areas are
big, and I'm not sure how the other fleets would find the Swedes. I don't
see anything in the rules which prevents it; in fact, I think that it
has to be this way because all of the Russian and British fleets become
one stack as soon as the interceptors enter the area. That's really, really
odd.

--
J.