Michael Gorman on Sun, 9 Apr 2006 11:31:50 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [eia] Field Batle at Hull-Allied Round 2

At 10:15 AM 4/9/2006, you wrote:
>Thus spake Michael Gorman:
> > At 10:00 AM 4/9/2006, you wrote:
> > >
> > >Dice rolls requested by: "James Helle" <jhelle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > >Rolls sent to:
> > >    eia@xxxxxxxxx
> > >
> > ># combat on 2-3 w/ 21 factors, no drm
> > >
> > >No. of sides on every die:      6
> > >No. of dice for every roll:     1
> > >No. of dice rolls requested:    1
> > >No. of rolls per line:          1
> > >
> > >   1
> > >
> > Wow, that's 6 consecutive 1's.  If I wasn't rolling something pretty close
> > to a standard distribution of rolls I'd start seriously worrying that
> > Joel's roll program had broken.
>
>All of my tests in the past have been on big blocks of rolls, returned
>all at once. I'm going to do something similar with a large number of
>requests for single rolls, and see what I get.
I was feeling despondent in the early game and started spreadsheeting my
rolls.  No differentiation for one roll or multiple roll requests but with
59 recorded rolls I have an average of 3.42.  My most common result has
been 1 with 13 instances but my next most common numbers are 4 and 6 with
12 and 10 instances.  So I've had no indications that the roller is at fault.