Michael Gorman on Mon, 3 Apr 2006 22:59:41 +0200 (CEST)

Re: [eia] that was my final answer

At 02:07 PM 4/3/2006, you wrote:
Gentlemen

Apologies for not replying in last few days but I have just come back from
the television studios where I became the 471st person to sit in the hot seat
of  the UK version of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?".

Appropriately enough I won £32,000 (tax-free) on knowing the profession of
Thomas Jefferson, but failed to win £64,000 on Peter Hoeg's novel "Miss
Smilla's  feeling for Snow". Just as well I am conquering those pesky Danes...

In UK terms, £32,000 equates to approximately 20 months of teaching salary
after tax and 20% of the value of a three bedroomed house.

Will try and catch up asap.

Cheers

Mark

Congratulations.  Sounds like you had a good run on the show.

Mike