Joel Uckelman on Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:42:51 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] 2nd Battle of the Forth, Coalition roll

Thus spake "William Jaffe":
> 6.3.1.1 is very clear:
> "The attacker is the phasing side if 6.2.4 applies, or the non-phasing
> intercepting side if the combat is caused by an interception."
>
> Therefore, France is the attacker.
>
> This is because France could actually let the fleets go through, and
> therefore initiates combat by intercepting.

I don't think that there's any decision to be made about interception
when a fleet is driven out of port---I read 6.2.6.1 as jumping straight
to the combat if the player who owns the fleet so chooses. So I don't
agree that Mike could have let the fleets pass by.

Hence I'm inclined to say that 6.3.1.1 doesn't give any guidance in
this case, since no one is phasing or intercepting.

--
J.