Joel Uckelman on Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:38:06 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] introduction

Thus spake "Karau, Mark":

> Well, being new to the list I'd certainly be in favor of starting a game =
> from the beginning.  As for an intro I am a 36 year old professor of =
> modern European History.  I started gaming when I was about 15 with War =
> at Sea and was hooked after picking up Victory in the Pacific.  It was =
> my interest in war games that led to my majoring in history at Marquette =
> University and then I decided to go on to grad school because, frankly, =
> what else is one going to do with a History Major?  :)  (Or so I thought =
> at the time.)  After heading to Florida State University to get my PhD I =
> found a group of fellow grad students, Napoleonic scholars, who played =
> EiA ALL the time and I got hooked on the game.  I graduated  in 2000 and =
> came back to Wisconsin where I teach at the University of Wisconsin Fond =
> du Lac and the UW Washington County.  However, as happy as I was to come =
> back I went into EiA withdrawal until just recently when my current =
> group started a game, which, unfortunately died last night.  I would =
> love to start up a new one and have absolutely no preference for who I =
> play.    Its great to meet all of you.
> =20
> =20
> Mark

I was in the philosophy department at UW-Madison for four years; Fond du
Lac isn't all that far off. I was always looking for more wargamers when
I was there; it's too bad we didn't meet until six months after I moved
to Europe.

--
J.