Michael Gorman on Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:32:34 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] French Land Phase - Price breakdown

At 11:25 PM 9/27/2005, you wrote:
Depot Removal: Piacenza

Depots can be removed for free before depot creation each turn.

Depot Creation: Taranto, Lille, Sveaborg ($3)

$1/depot with three depots created.

Davout and 1I move to Bologna, drop a 1I garrison and proceed to Ancona ($6)

This corps moved through the capital city of Romagna and dropped a garrison so I will control the city next turn for conquest and then moved to Ancona to feed from the depot at Taranto (3 spaces away = $3x2 for winter). If the corps had used its last movement point to get a space closer I would have had no corps within Romagna at the next minor country control step and my war with Romagna would have lapsed before I could conquer it.

The Naples Corps moves to Taranto ($1)

It's on the same space as its depot so ($0.5 for same space x2 for winter)

Soult and 1I move to Toulon ($1)
1I holds at Toulon ($1)

Both of these are same space as depot ($0.5x2 again)

1I at Bordeaux moves 1 space north to the clear spot between La Rochelle and Bordeaux (f/a)

(Base forage value of spaces moved through is 4 -2 for winter +3 for unused movement +1 for foraging entirely within own territory = 6 so forage is automatic)

1I at Brest moves to St. Malo (f/a)

(5 base forage -2 winter +3 unused movement +1 for friendly territory > 6 so automatic) This corps also insures that the guns guarding the fleet I pulled into St. Malo are manned so that if the very angry British navy chases them into the harbor, the harbor defenses get to fire on them

Ney and 1I cross the channel to the clear space south of London ($2)

(1 space from depot: $1 x2 for winter =$2)

1I at Zurich moves to Freiburg ($2)

(1 space from depot: $1 x2 for winter)

1I at Zurich drops 1I, moves to Strasbourg and drops 10I (f/a)

Corps can detach and absorb garrison factors as they move but cannot directly swap between corps except during the reinforcement phase. So only infantry can be traded during the movement phase and only if the order of movement works out right

Napoleon and 1I at Strasbourg picks up 10I and force march across the channel to the clear space south of London (f/1-)

(Base forage is 4, the lowest value territory the unit passes through (Metz in this case) -2 for winter -1 for force march = 1)

Holland corps moves to Frankfurt (f/a)

(Base forage is 5 -2 for winter +3 unused movement = 6)

Swedish corps both hold (f/5- at Stockholm)

Base forage 2 -2 for winter +3 unused movement +1 for friendly territory = 5