Joel Uckelman on Fri, 5 Aug 2005 21:17:48 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] just Joel and Fred still to bid

Thus spake "J.J. Young":
> I guess Joel does not have internet access at the place he's staying.  =
> Does anyone know when he's supposed to be back from his trip ?
>
> -JJY

I'm in Lexington, VA right now; this is the first night I've had internet
access since Friday. I'll be putting in my bids shortly, but don't expect
much from me until I return on 10 August. Very few hotels in Virginia
have wireless internet.

Tip: If you're in the area, lots of the minor battle sites in VA are worth
seeing. Five Forks has replicas of Civil War equipment that you can handle,
including ten or so muskets. It had not occurred to me that Civil War
muskets would be so heavy, as I'm used to handling modern rifles which have
steel parts---but the Civil War guns are iron.