Michael Gorman on Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:05:46 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] EIA flowchart

At 09:54 AM 7/28/2005, you wrote:
Thus spake "J.J. Young":
> In most cases (that is, pre-planned movements of allies), it seems to me
> that you would want to grant access before the land phases start anyway;
> otherwise it will slow things down to have to ask permission before taking
> your turn.
>
> -JJY

I guess that the only application of dynamic access would be to shaft someone;
I think it would be viewed suspiciously if requested access weren't granted
at the start of a month. Hmm. I'm wavering on this now.

Pretty much that's exactly what it is.

It makes alliances less binding and also allows you to surprise one ally by supporting another. I figured it was worth doing mostly after Joel had brought up that the way we are running alliances has made them much more binding than they are supposed to be. So opening up ways to break an alliance without actually breaking it or to give the fence riders a chance to delay jumping off just a little bit longer should only encourage more intrigue and deceit in the game.