Joel Uckelman on Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:31:51 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] optional rules, interpretations

Thus spake "J.J. Young":
> I am cautiously willing to try the limited access rules.
>
> I was never in favor of interpreting the PP rules for battles differently
> than as written, anyway, so I agree with Joel.
>
> I am still opposed to 12.3.9.
>
> I have a question regarding overwhelming numbers; what if neither side (or
> just one side) does not know for certain the strength of the other ?

I thought that Overwhelming Numbers applied once it's apparent that a 5:1
ratio has been achieved. So either there'd be sufficient information
floating around for one side to declare it (i.e., I know I have 1M in my
corps and I know from previous turns that the enemy can't have fewer than 5
factors), or you'd find out that it applies after selecting tactics and
revealing forces.

--
J.