James Helle on Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:04:37 -0500 (CDT)

[eia] optional rules

Here are my positions on the rules currently being debated;

12.3.9 (Ceding Only After A Peace):  I strongly oppose this.

12.4  (Limited Access After A Peace):  I support this.  Teleportation was
not possible in 1805.

12.3.10  (Overwhelming Numbers):  Neutral, I will go with the majority on
this.

7.5.2.10.1.3  (PP Gains/ Losses):  I believe the primary force (decided
first by leaders present [in descending rank] and secondly by majority of
forces) gains or loses 1-3 PPs per the rules.  Smaller allied forces
attached to the primary force should gain or lose only 1PP.  The problem I
have with the method Joel proposes is that an ally that sends 1 or 2 corps
stands to gain up to 3PPs, but only stands to lose 1PP.  This seems very
wrong to me.  (I'd donate a corps to as many battles as I could and avoid
ever being the primary force, if possible!)

When To Declare Access:  I think that access should be declared in the
second escrow.  For the record, I don't really care whether it's escrowed
for its own sake, but I think this adds structure and will prevent mass
confusion simply because it comes before the land phase and nobody will ever
question whether access was granted or not.  (the "grantor" may be on
vacation, etc., and unable to verify access).