Nate Ellefson on Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:06:03 -0500 (CDT)

[eia] Clearly this isn't working

Hey guys.  First, upfront, I'm sorry about what a pain my presence has
been in the game for the last few months.  My unavailability is
something that I've tried to work through in an honest attempt to stay a
part of the game, but it's completely obvious that isn't going to work:
this week I'm studying for finals in addition to working full time, in a
few weeks I'll be going on vacation for three weeks, and then I start
class full time, and if most of the people I've talked to are to be
believed, the first year back in class is pretty miserable.  So I've
stalled the game long enough, with no further prospect of being able to
manage, and it's time I withdrew from the game.  It's been fun, and I
wish I didn't have to.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to facilitate a transition to a
new player.  And I'll also extend a public congratulations to JJ, who
should, if the game were to end with my departure, in my opinion, be
considered the sole winner of this game; if anyone is able to pull out a
"win" when JJ meets his VP requirement sometime in early 1812, if not
earlier, it will almost certainly be becasue JJ managed to drag them
bodily over the finish line with him.  It looks to me like the only
person for whom that might be possible is Kyle, but Turkey manages that
or not, JJ is clearly in a class all his own in this game, and he well
deserves my hearty congratulations.

Thanks everyone,
Nate