jjy on Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:44:36 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] relief battle clarification

Another point to consider occurs to me.  If the reliver and the garrison do
not have combined movement, then the participation of the garrison in the
relief battle would give it 2 chances to "attack" (once with the relievers,
once on its own phase) in one month, something which the rules bend over
backward to avoid having happen.

So maybe a garrison of a different nationality from the reliever _cannot_ join
the relief battle, _unless_ the garrison and reliever have combined movement.
However, this would still leave us in the same boat when there is combined
movement.

-JJY