J.J. Young on Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:56:01 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] relief battle clarification

What I think is weird is that capturing a city
> mid-battle could make the besiegers better off than had they held the city
> prior to the battle.

If the besieged city fell in mid-battle, all (well, most of) the forces
previously committed by the besieger to keeping the city sealed up would be
freed up to join their comrades on the outer lines fighting the relievers.
I think this would have a bad effect on the morale of the relievers.

BTW, maybe this is a question which we could refer to the Empires in Harm
people and see how they do it.  I would be willing to go along with their
consensus.

-JJY