Joel Uckelman on Sun, 24 Apr 2005 15:25:24 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] relief battle clarification

Thus spake "J.J. Young":
> I would think the owner of the garrison gets to decide, somewhat like the
> situation when someone chooses to reinforce a battle.
>
> -JJY

In the event that another player reinforces a battle, by the rules there's no
disadvantage in that for the attacker. But it seems wierd that a garrison
could lower my morale by forcing themselves on me, given that they're besieged
and so can't possibly get in my way. Contrast that with a reinforcing army,
the unexpected arrival of which could screw up a battle plan in any number
of ways.

I doubt that this will be an issue, though, since I think that Nate doesn't
want the garrison to participate.