Joel Uckelman on Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:48:28 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] Spanish Naval Phase - July 1806

Thus spake Sterling Wight:

> What is the purpose of hiding corp identities? Do they have different
> maximum capacities?

Two reasons: First, yes, corps capacities vary greatly. (See the corps
capacity chart on pg. 6 of http://www.ellipsis.cx/~uckelman/old/tables.pdf)
E.g., your I is different from your II-VII. Russian corps which show an
infantry symbol come in five distinct sizes. Secondly, it matters for
Turkey because of the way the feudal levy system works. Even though all of
the feudal infantry corps are the same size, where they're from is
important.

> I didn't really know about the fleet capacity rule (I'm sure I read it,
> and I know we are playing almost all the optional rules, but I don't
> have them sufficiently memorized to keep track). Unfortunately for me,
> the corp is small enough to fit under the limit.

Each fleet carries 10 factors, split however you want among corps. You
could haul 10 corps with one fleet if each were only 1 factor; alternately,
it would take three fleets to haul the French I Corps at full strength
(25I, 3C).

--
J.