Kyle H on Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:30:54 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] PPs for a victorious multinational force

    Well, there's just no way around it: we simply disagree.  Risking 1 PP
for a gain of 3 simply is not fair to any country being ganged up on.  You
say that this mechanic favors multi-nation attacks against France.  In
actuality, it favors multi-nation attacks against *anybody* - the weaker the
better!  Why not have a coalition of Austria, Russia, and Britain against
Turkey?  If each country commits only 2 corps to the fight, they stand to
gain 3 PPs for each big battle and only stand to lose 1 on the off chance
that they lose a battle.  And the weaker the enemy, the less likely it is
that you'll ever lose.  That seems incredibly unfair to me.
    If a nation is getting ganged up on, the gangers already have an
advantage (numerical), they do not need another incredibly lopsided
political advantage as well.

That's my view and I'm sticking to it.

kdh

> I think this goal is misguided. That the PP economy should be zero-sum (or
> nearly so) is just not supported by the rules. Sieges are often
positive-sum.
> Drift during the econ phase, declaring war on and conquering unsupported
> minors, surrendering to multiple enemies, fighting with Nelson or
Napoleon---