Kyle H on Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:07:46 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] PPs for a victorious multinational force

> Wait a minute, the number of corps the winners have aren't supposed to
have
> any impact on the maximum victory points won in the battle.  In this
method
> if a small force defeats a huge one it's considered a minor victory.  That
> doesn't make any sense at all.

    This is simply a way of limiting the overall number of political points
created.  Suppose a combined force of 4 Russian corps, 2 Austrian corps, and
1 British corps defeats a force of 10 Turkish corps.  Under the system we
have already agreed to, Russia would gain 2 PPs (instead of 3), Austria
would gain 1 PP, and GB would gain 1 PP while Turkey would lose 3 PPs.  So
the total PPs awarded to the victors would be 4 PPs  (instead of 5) and the
total lost by the loser would be 3 PPs - pretty close to zero sum (which is
what we were shooting for).
    I hope this explanation helps you to understand where we were coming
from.  You say that it is a minor victory, but I would disagree.  I would
say it is a major victory spread among many nations.

    BTW, it occurs to me that the house rule I sent out earlier says nothing
about limiting PP gains and losses to a maximum of 3.  That should have been
included and was ommitted by mistake.

kdh