Joel Uckelman on Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:40:21 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] Second Battle of Dresden, summary

Thus spake "Nate Ellefson":

> Anyway, we suffered a combined 63 casualties and tied.  As Sherman said,
> "This is a hell of a war!"  Or wait, no, that was Dan Quayle...

Each factor is 1000-2000 men. There were only about 110k combined casualties
at the historical Battle of Leipzig in 1813, so on the high end of the range
your absolute casualties exceeded those at Leipzig. Additionally, there were
about 500k troops at Leipzig, and you guys had 177 factors, for at most 354k
troops, making your casualty rate far higher.