Kyle H on Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:59:43 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] conquests

>     Just for the record, access to an uncontrolled minor country is not a
> problem.  The game allows all major powers access through an uncontrolled
> minor country. 10.3.1.1 reads: "Any major power may move forces and trace
> supply through a neutral minor country."  So that's not the problem.  The
> problem comes from the very next line of rules text:  "A major power may
not
> also build depots and/or occupy cities in a minor country unless that
major
> power is at war with or controls that minor country."  Since a garrison
> (without a depot) can only exist inside a city, allowing the garrison to
> remain in the previously conquered city would constitute "occupation," in
> violation of the rule.

P.S.  I also take this "occupation" provision to mean that a corps traveling
through a neutral minor country would *not* be entitled to retire into a
city if attacked by an enemy (because retiring into the city would require
occupying it).  FYI...

kdh