JOEL DAVID UCKELMAN on Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:18:34 -0500 (CDT)

Re: France will move last in the land phase

----- Original Message -----
From: "J.J. Young" <jjy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, August 19, 2004 8:51 pm
Subject: Re: France will move last in the land phase

> Joel, when do you think the server might be back up ?
>
> -JJY

It's hard to tell. Everytime I deal with SBC/Ameritech, they are incompetent in interesting, new ways. I talked with them this morning, when they told me that my DSL order has been complete since Wednesday---which is perplexing, since nothing had changed on my end. After about 2 hours on the phone,  they determined that someone at the CO didn't tell the redback to associate my phone line with my IP block. I was told that they'd call me back in 4 hours, but that was around 11 am today, and I didn't hear from them prior to leaving for work.

Things could come back up tomorrow, Monday, next year, or even this evening while I'm at work. Oh, how I wish that my ISP weren't both 1) the only DSL provider in Madison which gives out static IPs, and 2) systematically incompetent.