D Mount on Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:28:30 -0500 (CDT)

[eia] Re: British naval phase, part III

If I fail evading does GB automatically win the wind gauge?
-Danny

"J.J. Young" <jjy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The I & II British fleets continue into the sea area off Damietta, using the last of their movement.  Obviously, I mean to declare an attack on the Spanish fleets, so I doubt if Spain wishes to intercept.  Do the Spaniards accept battle, or try to evade ?  Evasion would be on a 1 or 2, and result if successful in a standard naval retreat.

Regardless of that decision and its outcome, the rest of Britain's naval phase goes like this:

VI:  off Tangier ---> English Channel
III (w/ 1 I corps):  Naples ---> off Tangier
IV:  hold at London
V:  off Algiers ---> Naples
Sweden:  blockade Cadiz

So there may be one sea battle, depending on the decision and roll for evasion.

-JJY