Joel Uckelman on Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:22:19 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] Anglo-Turkish naval phase, 10/05 (part II)

Thus spake "J.J. Young":
> The Spanish cannot intercept a fleet until it enters the blockade box,
> according to the rule that Danny quoted.  Rule 6.2.2 makes it clear that all
> fleets of a major power or combined major powers, in the same place, _must_
> be treated as a single stack.  Therefore, as soon as a fleet enters the
> blockade box (and it cannot be intercepted before this), it becomes part of
> the larger stack.  There is never any circumstance where an attacker or
> interceptor can fight only some of an enemy power's fleets, while leaving
> the others out of the battle.

I realize that once the incoming fleet is *in* the blockade box it has joined
whatever stack is already there. What I'm inquiring about is *when* incoming
fleets are considered to be in the blockade box.

I think that you're claiming this:

The only way to prevent a fleet with sufficient movement points from joining
a stack in a blockade box is to intercept and defeat it in a sea zone adjacent
to the blockade box.

Am I understanding you?