Nate Ellefson on Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:36:39 -0500 (CDT)

RE: [eia] Turkish land phase, July '05

I'm not sure I made myself clear.  I agree completely that we should be
allowed to correct errors in most cases.  My preference is that moves
can be taken back when

1) A player isn't at war or
2) a player is at war, but the player's opponent hasn't gone yet.

And even then, if the group concludes that the opponent's moves wouldn't
have been affected by making a correction, then a correction would still
be allowed.  We could base the judgement on if a move can be taken back
either with the consent of the opponent, or, if consent is not given, a
majority vote by the five uninvolved players.

This is only asking a few players at any given time, under fairly
specific circumstances, to risk any consequences at all if their orders
aren't submitted as they intended them to be.  I don't think we'll ever
find ourselves in a position such that someone who is already crafting
their orders with great care, since they are in a war, couldn't spend
five minutes double checking that they wrote their orders the way that
they intended.

Thoughts?