Michael Gorman on Thu, 20 May 2004 16:19:47 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] 2nd round recap

At 04:02 PM 5/20/2004 -0500, you wrote:
Thus spake "Kyle H":
>     Am I right in thinking that the cossack currently at Silistra must now
> make a roll at 4- or be destroyed?  If the roll is made, then it can be
> retreated to any adjacent space that does not contain a Turkish corps.  ...
>     Well, after taking a second look at the wording, I guess the rule I was
> just invoking only applies if the cossack is "attacked". And since my corps
> are moving to Silistra as part of a retreat and not part of an attack, I
> guess that rule wouldn't apply.  Am I interpreting this right?
>
> kdh

The cossack is only attacked if some of your corps end their movement
there. Movement is over once combat starts, so I think the cossack remains
there.

Feudal corps may only be stood down during land movement, so it is too late to stand them down at this point. (10.1.3.2)

As there is an unbesieged enemy cossack at Silistra, the Turkish forces must continue in their retreat an additional space. (7.5.2.10.3.3)

Mike