Kyle H on Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:22:54 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] JJ's proposal

    Joel's proposal isn't bad except that it would have no effect on the
current situation.  Since there is a British depot at London and London is
less than 10 spaces away from the German corps in question, they would
continue to retreat as they did under the rules as written.
    Perhaps we could satisfy Joel by adding a third exception to JJ's house
rule saying that the corps will not retreat to a capital if its area is
occupied by unbesieged enemy corps.

    You know, I'm starting to wonder if this house rule is worth the
trouble.  After all, the only corps it would affect in the current situation
is the Wurttemburg corps.  It seems to me like the effect of this new rule
is so minor that it is not worth the trouble we are going through to find
the right wording.  If other players feel strongly about adopting such a
rule, I won't stand in the way.  But I'm starting to think that it is
ultimately unnecessary.

kdh