Joel Uckelman on Sun, 18 Apr 2004 14:25:34 -0500 (CDT)

Re: FW: [eia] Assault at Kassel

Thus spake D Mount:
> I would think that the intent of how the rules were written would force the H
> essian corps to Minden.  I think it is as simple as having two options that a
> re equidistant, but one being occupied, so Minden is the only choice.  Let me
>  know what you all think about this.
>
> -Danny

I would agree if there were anything in the rules or errata to indicate that
enemy presence matters for determining the precedence of areas for retreat.
I know it seems weird, and there is a mechanism like this in many (most?)
other wargmes, but it's just not here as far as I can see. Until someone
provides a citation for that indicates otherwise, my vote is that these are
legal retreats.